Thursday, July 16, 2009

Updates!

Okay - it's been a while since we've been here - a lot has happened!
The Native American event previously posted went off really well - I was honored to be part of it.
I experienced a wonderful blessing (some call them miracles) in my employment situation. My former place of employment announced in December that it was closing, laying off all 200 employees. It was very difficult to receive this news because it was a really great place to work and the best job I ever had to that point. In the middle of chaos, when everyone was so upset - and the community at large upset due to the economic situation - I refused to buy into the fear that there would not be a job for me; every time I felt the fear trying to rise up, I pushed it down, denying its strength in my life by continuing to affirm every day that my employment would be taken care of. I was extended to the complete end of the business, assisted with the closeout of everything, furniture sold, supplies sold, the whole place was emptied out - a huge manufacturing facility as empty as a gymnasium. Anyway, in February, I applied to a job (the first one I applied to); some weeks went by then I got a call for an interview. I went to the interview. A couple of weeks later was called for a second interview (that lasted all of ten minutes, maybe eight). About ten days later, I received the call with the offer of the job. In the meantime, I had applied to a couple of other jobs, but left myself open to the idea of the right job for me.
Now here's the blessing part in addition: some of my "requirements" or requests that I wanted:
1. Close to my then current job because of proximity to home, my child's school, and area of town that would keep me from driving across town in traffic every day.
2. Timing so that I would leave the ending job and move immediately to the new job without interruption of employment.
3. Work schedule that fit with what I needed to accommodate taking my child to school.
4. My own office space and lack of micro-management preferred.
5. Affordable healthcare benefits.
6. Equal or above salary to what I was making.
What did I get? How about 5 out of 6?
1. Location just up the road from my employer - closer to my child's school but only about five minutes farther from home - not a big deal and no crosstown traffic!
2. The job had been posted to "must start April 1"; my old job had been extended to May 1, the final date for all of the last employees. I told my new boss about this and he said, "I can live with that." Unheard of in my line of work! Most employers won't wait for administrative support!
3. The job had been posted to start at 7:00 a.m., which would be difficult for my child's school starting at 7:20 a.m. in a small town a few miles away - the fix? My new boss told me I had the flexibility to start at 8:00 a.m. - works perfectly since I can take my child to her school and still be at work on time and before 8:00 a.m.!
4. I have my own office, but I do have more traffic as people come in to use the copier and to have communications about the work we do. As for micromanagment, my new boss has barely had time to start the projects he told me about in the interview; the gradual warming up time I've had is helping me to get the lay of the land there and I'll learn more of what I can do to help him as time goes by and will be able to help other folks in the meantime.
5. While the healthcare benefits are a little more expensive, the overall benefit I think will be better if I understood it right - I won't have the deductible to pay that I had in the other job, just my office co-pay.
6. The only glitch in the whole thing is the salary - I had to take a cut from what I was making, but I made up my mind not to worry about it and be open to new avenues of income! I am open and receptive to receiving all the blessings the universe has for me now! I know God is providing!
So, that has been a major milestone accomplished - perfect transition - perfect timing.
THANK YOU GOD!
What we're believing for next is reliable computer for home use so I can update my blog and websites regularly instead of relying on the library computers which has limited access.
But there is so much to be grateful for - and I AM!
So if you are facing a challenge, give yourself the gift of not worrying about it! Give it over to your Higher Power to be magnificently transformed for you then be open to receive your Blessings!

No comments: