Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Era of Leadership

Today is a day that will go down in history (just like every other day, really), in the sense that a new President of the United States is being brought into office.

A lot of focus, activity, and attention is given to the new office; whether you voted for the new leader or not, the change is in place. Here are some prayerful thoughts on accepting this change:

GodSpirit.
I Am.
We Are.
One.
There is only one GodSpirit, one Creator of All That Is. This Creator/GodSpirit is even now expressing in and through the All That Is. I know this includes every person on our planet. I move into acceptance of my Oneness with this GodSpirit, knowing that by virtue of that Oneness, I am also One with All people, even those in other countries, across the country from my home, in my same town, or next door to me. Let me remember they are One with me too. We share a common link in Spirit and if I feel at opposition with them, I choose now to release my sense of judgment of them, and know that they are acting and behaving in ways they feel guided to do. I ask that GodSpirit move in and through their lives to help them (and me) be aware of Its Presence and give calming, peaceful reassurance that All Is Well, no matter what the appearance may be.
When changes in leadership and policy take place, help me to be open-minded and receptive to the change, expecting good things to follow, and to know in my heart that the people involved are there to do the best job they can do, and that I may look to them as an example. We may not always agree with each other in the physical or natural world, but there is a place in Us where we are United Always and that is in Spirit.
May my eyes and heart be open, may my hands have purpose in activity, may my mind be focused on the Good I can accomplish right where I am, whether working in the corner cafe, grocery store, state office, or government leadership - there is something I can do to add to the growing peace and harmony of my homeplace, my country, and my world.
Thank You GodSpirit for expressing Your Grace through All That Is and for Your growing Awareness in the Conscious Mind of the world.
And so it is. And so it is.
Amen.

No comments: