Thursday, January 8, 2009

A New Year?



A lot of attention is given to January 1 - "Happy New Year!" is the shout heard 'round the world. People spend a lot of time setting goals for their new year - great plans and expectations abound.
The New Year gives us an opportunity to look forward with a clean slate, no matter what last year held. It seems ingrained in our consciousness that this is the time to start anew. I believe it is important, however, to understand that January 1 is not the only time you can look forward to a new future.

Every day when we wake up we have a choice: Will we say, "Good Morning, God!" or will we say, "Good God! Morning?!" When we fully accept the idea that each day offers a new beginning, new oppoprtunity, and new hope for greater demonstration of GodSpirit's good in our lives, we will look forward to getting up each day.

I hope you will be blessed by using the following prayer...


Blessed Spirit,

Thank You for the Opportunities You place before me this New Year.

Keep me mindful of Your Presence in my life always and help me be open to prospering thoughts and ideas, keeping my attitude positive. Make me a Blessing to others each day as I look for ways to share my blessings. As I start each day, I am grateful for my health, my home, my family and friends, my employment or activity, and especially for the Grace You demonstrate in my life.

I am made new each day, no matter what the calendar says, and I know that You are in charge of my life, no matter what conditions surround me.

Thank You, Blessed Spirit, that this is so!

No comments: